Bay Logistics offers Shuttle Truck Operations, Switching Programs, and Expedite Services in West and SE Michigan which allow customers to preserve capital while improving their on–time rating and Just–in–Time delivery performance. Sister company Martin Transportation Systems’ (MTS) full–service terminal network and roundtrip transportation expertise provide priceless support for Bay Logistics Distribution Center operations in Grand Rapids, Detroit, Canada, and Mexico.
Our team of trucking and logistics experts is skilled at Milk Run Design which significantly reduces our clients’ LTL costs. Late model equipment, professional courteous drivers, and cutting edge software (PeopleNet and TMW) enhance our diverse array of Distribution Services. Tapping into Bay Logistics’ existing infrastructure and IT framework protects our customers from heavy investments in facilities, equipment, fuel, licensing, dispatchers, drivers, training, reporting, IT systems and mandatory safety programs. JIT Deliveries and Reverse Logistics help us close the loop for our customers.
Food Grade Ambient and Cooler Space* at Bay Logistics‘ locations in Grand Rapids and Detroit, Michigan enable our clients to consolidate third party warehousing operations with a single provider. Chicago Mercantile Exchange (CME) and AIB International approved facility audits highlight the successful progression of the Bay Food Safety Initiative instituted in 2014. Bay Logistics tailors comprehensive Public or Contract Warehousing solutions to fit specific customer requirements.
Integrating the Bay Proprietary RF Warehouse Management System* into the solution makes Inventory Management simple, quick and cost effective. Cross Dock Operations for raw materials or finished goods consolidate our clients’ freight, reducing their transportation costs, and keeping production lines running while product moves out the door! Specialized Material Handling equipment such as heavy–duty forklifts, overhead cranes or paper clamps give our clients additional options for increasing their business.
The Bay Logistics licensed HAZMAT Class III Liquid Flammable Warehouse* in Detroit, Michigan is a portal to the marketplace for customers to distribute test fuels, diesel, and other HAZMAT materials, without “deal killer” investments in fire suppression systems, building modifications and hundreds of staff hours for regulatory compliance.
Three active Bay Logistics‘ rail sidings provide customers with strategic rail access for Transloading material from road–to–rail or from rail–to–road, improving their supply chains and driving down overall transportation costs. Bulk transfer services and specialty flat car loading capabilities provide our clients with several options for capitalizing on rail opportunities.
Romulus Operations — CSX
Hamtramck Operations — CONRAIL LLC
Spring Lake Operations — Genesee & Wyoming
- Packaging — we’ll design, procure and assemble the packaging materials
- Repacking — from expendable to returnable at all of our sites
- Sequencing — our RF WMS system is easily integrated to most enterprise systems
- Bulk Metering — “min/max” inventory violations send automated alerts to stakeholders
- Container Management — we treat containers like any other part, and actively manage metal and plastic containers
- Labeling — experienced, proficient at formatting and printing labels of many kinds
- Kitting / Bill of Materials — all transactions are automated and the system updates continuously
- E–fulfillment — our Warehouse Manager System includes an order module which simplifies this process
- Pick & Pack — the appropriate material handling equipment is deployed to make this task quicker and more ergonomic
- Sampling — several of our accounts require this service
- EDI Integration — this is or biggest advantage over the competition, our IT Director created our system and is a computer programmer
- Storage Trailer Lease/Rent/Buy*
ISO–certified quality containment and inspection division Bay/MPS is an approved supplier for both General Motors and Ford Motor Company. Inspections*, sorting, repacking, rust removal, GP-12, rework and subassembly services are available at each Bay Logistics location OR we can perform the services at your plant. This is a testament to the “one stop shopping” approach we employ on behalf of our clients.